AccueilPercy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 VidePercy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 VideDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023]

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Dim 11 Sep - 1:45

Un premier teaser !

L'auteur et le trio d'acteurs principaux étaient présents à la D23.

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Fcvnch10

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Banniz12
Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Banniere-chronique-disney

L'Oncle Walt et Brozen aiment ce message

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://www.chroniquedisney.fr/
isanka
Modérateur
isanka

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Jeu 6 Oct - 11:18

Simple et efficace cette nouvelle affiche.
Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Pj10

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 K-vb-511Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Letter133 X Anaheim (2014-2018-2022)
1 X Hong Kong (2019)
1 X Shanghai (2019)
1 X Tokyo (2016)
5 X Walt Disney World (2013-2015-2016-2020-2022-2024)

Instagram

Flounder69 et Brozen aiment ce message

L'Oncle Walt

L'Oncle Walt

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Jeu 13 Oct - 22:27

Adam Copeland, Suzanne Cryer et Jessica Parker Kennedy incarneront Arès, Échidna et Méduse.

Les adultes sont juste des enfants qui ont grandi.

Flounder69 et isanka aiment ce message

https://www.senscritique.com/Walter-Mouse
Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 7 Nov - 23:10

Lin-Manuel Miranda est Hermès dans la série Percy Jackson :

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Fg_l0o10 Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Fg_lzi10

DisneyPlus a écrit:
A message from the messenger god himself: Lin-Manuel Miranda  Miranda is Hermes in #PercyJackson and the Olympians, an Original series coming to #DisneyPlus!

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Banniz12
Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Banniere-chronique-disney

L'Oncle Walt et Brozen aiment ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Jeu 26 Jan - 20:10

Lance Reddick sera Zeus, et Toby Stephens incarnera Poséidon.

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Image50

Variety a écrit:
‘Percy Jackson’ Disney+ Series Casts Lance Reddick, Toby Stephens (EXCLUSIVE)

The “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” series at Disney+ has added Lance Reddick and Toby Stephens to its cast as two major gods, Variety has learned exclusively.

Reddick will guest star as Zeus, while Stephens will guest star as Poseidon. The pair will appear in the series alongside Walker Scobell as Percy as well as Aryan Simhadri as Grover and Leah Sava Jeffries as Annabeth.

Additional cast members include Virginia Kull, Glynn Turman, Jason Mantzoukas, Megan Mullally and Timm Sharp as well as Dior Goodjohn, Olivea Morton, Charlie Bushnell, Adam Copeland, Suzanne Cryer, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Timothy Omundsen, and Jay Duplass.

Poseidon is the god of the sea and Percy’s father. Per his official character description, “Although seemingly absent in Percy’s life, many of Poseidon’s qualities live in Percy; stubbornness, impulsiveness and loyalty. Though he has stayed away throughout Percy’s life, his deep feelings for his son (and Percy’s mother, Sally) are evident.

Zeus is described as “The all-powerful god of the sky and leader of Mount Olympus, Zeus is tempestuous and mistrustful. He’s promised to wage a war if his stolen thunderbolt is not returned.”

Reddick is best known for his starring role in the hit HBO series “The Wire” as well as his role as Charon in the “John Wick” film franchise. His recent credits include the “Resident Evil” series at Netflix and a seven-season run on the Amazon police drama “Bosch.” His other film credits include “One Night in Miami,” “Angel Has Fallen,” and “Godzilla vs. Kong.” He has also lent his voice to several popular video games like “Destiny 2” and “Horizon Zero Dawn.”

He is repped by CAA, Grandview, and attorney James E. Hornstein.

Stephens has recently starred in shows like the second season of “Alex Rider” at Amazon, the reboot of “Lost in Space” at Netflix, and the Starz historical drama “Black Sails.” He has also starred in films like “Hunter Killer,” “13 Hours,” and the James Bond film “Die Another Day.” He would later voice Bond in a number of BBC Radio productions based on Ian Fleming’s novels like “Dr. No,” “Goldfinger,” and “Diamonds Are Forever.”

He is repped by United Agents and Gersh.

Based on the Rick Riordan book series of the same name, “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” follows the titular 12-year old demi-god as he is “just coming to terms with his newfound divine powers when the sky god Zeus accuses him of stealing his master lightning bolt,” the logline states. “With help from his friends Grover and Annabeth, Percy must embark on an adventure of a lifetime to find it and restore order to Olympus.”

The Disney Branded Television series is currently in production in Vancouver. Riordan and Jon Steinberg are writing the pilot with James Bobin directing. Steinberg and his producing partner Dan Shotz are overseeing the series and serve as executive producers alongside Bobin, Rick Riordan, Rebecca Riordan, Bert Salke, Monica Owusu-Breen, Jim Rowe, Anders Engström, Jet Wilkinson, and Gotham Group’s Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, Jeremy Bell, and D.J. Goldberg. 20th Television is the studio.

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Ven 3 Fév - 23:50

Fin de tournage pour cette première saison ! Very Happy

Brozen aime ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Sam 18 Mar - 21:20

Message de Rick Riordan suite au décès soudain de l'acteur Lance Reddick, qui incarnait Zeus dans la série.

Rick Riordan a écrit:

We are devastated to hear of the untimely passing of Lance Reddick, our Zeus in season one of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I’ve been in shock since yesterday, trying to understand how such a vibrant, kind and talented man could be so quickly taken from the world.

I met Lance on set just a few months ago, and he could not have been more wonderful and welcoming. His gravitas and regal bearing made him perfect for the king of the gods, but from what I could tell, in person he was nothing like the blustery and distant sky god. He had a marvelous and quirky sense of humor. He was thoughtful, caring and piercingly perceptive. He was a multi-faceted artist who elevated every part he played from Cedric Daniels in The Wire to Charon in John Wick to Zeus in our own show.

A musician by training, he seemed to bring that sensibility to the screen — quickly reading the tempo, the melody, and the structure of every piece, finding his place in the ensemble, and then creating unforgettable, unexpected interpretations that turned the compositions into masterpieces. As a fan, I will miss him terribly. As the creator of Percy Jackson, I will never see Zeus the same way again, and I feel so fortunate that our paths crossed, if only briefly.

It will be difficult working on those scenes in which Lance appears — not just because we mourn him, but because they will remind us of how much brilliance we have lost. At least it’s comforting to know that we’ll be able to share that performance with Lance’s millions of fans, and we will get to see his artistry in action one more time. As for me, I have trouble believing such a force of nature could ever really be gone. I will choose to think that maybe Mount Olympus simply had need of their king. Godspeed, Mr. Reddick, and thank you.

Rick Riordan

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 27 Mar - 22:10

Rick Riordan donne quelques nouvelles de la série, actuellement en post-production. Et il annonce que, même si une saison 2 n'est pas encore validée, ils ont commencé à travailler sur le scénario de La Mer des Monstres.

Rick Riordan a écrit:

As you may know, Becky and I started our own production company in 2020 to shepherd my various books into TV/film adaptations. Mythomagic, Inc. has had quite a busy few years since then!

The first season of Disney+’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians is now in post-production. This means we’ve finished all the filming and are editing the episodes — choosing scenes, putting them together, adding the music and special effects — all massive undertakings that require many months of work. This is one way in which publishing and television production are not too different. Each episode goes through countless ‘drafts’ and revisions until everyone is satisfied that we have the best possible cut. It takes lots of time. I have no updates on a release date, but you can check my previous blog posts for my best guesses about how long the process will take. All I can say now is that the eight episodes of season one are shaping up beautifully, and I think you’ll be delighted with the results. I have learned so much going through this process. The whole team was incredible, but special shout-out to our hard-working actors. They make the show.

Meanwhile, we have started work on the writers’ room for season two. This does NOT mean the second season has been green-lit yet. It’s too early for that. But we have been approved to start developing scripts, and I think everyone’s expectation is that a second season will happen if all goes as planned. It sure is exciting to be part of the room, though. We’ve broken down the action of the second Percy Jackson book, The Sea of Monsters, into a series of episodes, and have begun outlining what the first episodes would look like. I love imagining the introduction of Tyson, our favorite Cyclops, and it’s so helpful to picture our amazing actors in their on-going roles as I am visualizing the season. A bigger role for Clarisse LaRue, the incredible Dior Goodjohn? Yes, please. More Luke Castellan, aka Charlie Bushnell? Sign me up. Percy (Walker), Grover (Aryan), and Annabeth (Leah) braving the scenes from the second novel . . . I can’t wait. And Party Ponies! While we were filming season one, I explained to Glynn Turman (Chiron) who the Party Ponies were, and he laughed and laughed. He said, “I think I have some friends I could call.” Can’t wait to see that scene!  My usual disclaimer: This is all HYPOTHETICAL at this point. We have big plans, but nothing is green-lit (past the writers room) and nothing is set in stone. Fingers crossed, though, the first season does as well as we hope, and leads to an even greater second! I continue to be in the writers’ room every day, weighing in on every creative decision.

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Ven 14 Juil - 18:35

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Image843

Disney+ a écrit:
Heroes are made in #PercyJackson and the Olympians, coming to @DisneyPlus.

If you’re heading to Comic-Con next week, you may find this design on the official #SDCC2023 bags.

Brozen aime ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Sam 22 Juil - 18:45

Nouvelles affiches pour chacun des membres du trio !

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Image911

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Image913

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Image912

isanka et Brozen aiment ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Ven 18 Aoû - 18:10

Bande-annonce! Very Happy

Lancement le 20 Décembre 2023, avec les 2 premiers épisodes.

Brozen aime ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 18 Sep - 16:00

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Imag1194

Entertainment Weekly a écrit:
Percy Jackson and the Olympians introduces a new generation of demigods

Creator Rick Riordan says the Disney+ series is the faithful adaptation "you've been waiting for."

It's time for another trip to Camp Half-Blood.

In the years since Rick Riordan first published a little book called The Lightning Thief, his series Percy Jackson and the Olympians has become an extremely popular middle-grade franchise, one of the few that can legitimately claim to be a worthy heir to Harry Potter. While young Harry's world changed with the revelation that he was actually a wizard, Percy learns at a similarly tween age that he is a "demigod." That makes him a scion of the Greek gods (who are alive and well in the present day) with a responsibility to protect the mortal world from monsters like Medusa and the Minotaur.

In order to do so, Percy is sent to a summer camp known as Camp Half-Blood, where demigods like him train to become heroes in the vein of mythological figures like Hercules or Achilles — though, hopefully, with less ominous fates. The kids are separated into cabins based on their godly parent, and compete together in games like Capture the Flag using the same swords and shields that they'll eventually use to combat monsters.

The books have inspired real-life imitators: If you pass through Brooklyn's Prospect Park or a number of similar locations in other cities over the summer, you might spot kids in orange Camp Half-Blood shirts playing with homemade swords and shields. The series has also been adapted for the screen already, in two films that starred Logan Lerman as Percy. Both of those movies did well enough at the box office, but not enough to satisfy Riordan and his ever-growing fanbase, who subsequently turned to other experiments like The Lightning Thief Broadway musical.

But with the advent of Disney+ and Disney's purchase of Fox, Riordan and his wife Becky realized there was a new opportunity to adapt the Percy Jackson books in a way that captured what readers love about them.

"We have been involved in the series since its inception, since the very, very earliest conversations about what a new Percy adaptation might look like, how it would be sketched out, whether it would be episodic," Riordan says in an interview. conducted prior to the start of the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes. "So, I feel comfortable telling fans of the books who have been waiting — in some cases, decades — for this kind of faithful adaptation, that this is the one you've been waiting for. We are involved and I think you're gonna love it."

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Imag1196
Aryan Simhadri as Grover in 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians'

The Lightning Thief was first published in 2005, which means many of the young stars of this new adaptation grew up reading Riordan's books.

"It was the second book series I ever read, I think, and it left a huge impression on me," says Aryan Simhadri, who plays Percy's satyr friend Grover. "Like, not just, 'Oh, those books are cool,' but they helped me. I grew up with them, as I'm sure a lot of people did. I can't wrap my head around the fact that I get to be in something that I look up to so much."

The new adaptation also provided an opportunity to make the series more representative of the real world. Percy's demigod friend Annabeth Chase, a daughter of Athena, is described as a blond white girl in the books, but the series cast Black actress Leah Jeffries in the role.

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Imag1197
Leah Jeffries as Annabeth in 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians'

"I'm playing a character that is a different person, different hair color, different skin tones, and all that. That's what the prototype was," Jeffries says. "Just to hear that I'm playing her different was like, 'Wow, I'm now gonna be an inspiration to other girls.'"

Jeffries adds, "My experience filming the series has been phenomenal and unbelievable."

For Riordan, making the Percy Jackson cast more representative is completely in line with how the series started: As bedtime stories for his son, who was struggling to keep up with other kids in school.

"He was struggling with dyslexia and ADHD, having a terrible time in school, but the one thing he did love was Greek mythology," Riordan says. "As a classroom teacher myself, I knew a great deal about Greek mythology. I loved teaching it. So I started telling him stories from the Greek myths and, when I ran out of the old stuff, I made up a new Greek hero: A modern-day kid named Percy Jackson who, like my son, has ADHD and dyslexia and finds out that those are indicators that you may well be a demigod. My son had no trouble believing that."

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Imag1198
Walker Scobell and Leah Jeffries in 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians'

Riordan continues, "20 years on, it was important that I looked at it again with fresh eyes and made sure that the story was speaking to all kids, and that everyone could look at this series and see themselves. It is inclusive enough that everyone can be a hero — after all, that's why I wrote the book in the first place. My son, because of learning differences, was feeling like an outsider and this was my way of saying, 'It's okay. Difference is a strength. You're gonna be just fine. And you belong in this world.'"

Percy isn't just the title character of the series; everything takes place from his point of view, and the experience of reading the books is inseparable from Percy's sarcastic voice. That was a challenge to adapt to the screen — though Riordan's hands-on approach helped star Walker Scobell see where his character was coming from.

"Meeting Rick was exciting because I've been looking at his face on the back of a book for four or five years," says Scobell, who plays Percy. "I think he is the coolest guy ever. You can really hear Percy in his voice when he speaks — Percy's sarcasm and personality shows through in Rick."

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Imag1199
Walker Scobell as Percy in 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians'

Though he's tight-lipped about details, Riordan teases that the show's creative team did find a way to translate Percy's perspective into live-action.

"In the books, Percy is always there right by us," Riordan says. "He's our narrator, he's got this snarky kind of voice and you can't really do that quite the same on screen. So we had to figure out ways to make that visual."

See what he means when Percy Jackson and the Olympians premieres Dec. 20 on Disney+.

These interviews were conducted prior to the start of the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes.

Brozen aime ce message

L'Oncle Walt

L'Oncle Walt

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 18 Sep - 18:39

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F6UeVZCXAAAVXuq?format=jpg&name=large

Les adultes sont juste des enfants qui ont grandi.

Zazu, Flounder69 et Brozen aiment ce message

https://www.senscritique.com/Walter-Mouse
Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Mar 19 Sep - 18:40

Et nouvelle bande-annonce !

Zazu aime ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Lun 9 Oct - 17:20

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Imag1294

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8ags910

Brozen aime ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Dim 15 Oct - 21:30

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Imag1330

Lors du New York Comic Con qui a eu lieu ce dimanche :
- Divers extraits ont été présentés.
- Le producteur exécutif Dan Shotz a parlé de la relation de sa propre fille avec la série  Percy Jackson : "Ces livres l'ont fait tomber amoureuse de la lecture."
- Le département des costumes a teint plus de 350 T-shirts pour trouver l'orange parfait pour la Colonie des Sang-Mêlés.
- L'écran du Volume d'ILM a été utilisé pour une partie de jeux vidéo. Jeff White, superviseur des effets spéciaux à ILM : "Nous avons été roustés par les enfants."
- James Bobin, producteur exécutif et réalisateur des deux premiers épisodes de Percy Jackson, a dit que Jason Mantzoukas est "vraiment fantastique" dans le rôle de M. D.
- De nouvelles images du casting ont été dévoilées :

⚡ Lance Reddick est Zeus

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8ghho10

⚡ Toby Stephens est Poséidon

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8ghjg10

⚡ Jay Duplass est Hadès

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8ghmp10

⚡ Adam Copeland est Arès

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8ghsb10

⚡ Jason Mantzoukas est Dionysus / Monsieur D

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8gic210

⚡ Glynn Turman est Chiron / Monsieur Brunner

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8giem10

⚡ Charlie Bushnell est Luke Castellan

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8gign10

⚡ Dior Goodjohn est Clarisse La Rue

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8giig10

⚡ Timothy Omundson est Héphaïstos

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8gip410

⚡ Lin Manuel-Miranda est Hermès

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8giz810

⚡ Megan Mullally est Alecto / Madame Dodds

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8gi0r10

⚡ Jessica Parker Kennedy est Méduse

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8gi1l10

⚡ Virginia Kull est Sally Jackson

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8gkdv10

⚡ Timm Sharp est Gabe Ugliano

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8gkej10

⚡ Suzanne Cryer est Echidna

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 F8gkfr10

Brozen aime ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Mer 18 Oct - 22:10

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Percy-13

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Percy-14

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Percy-12

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Percy-11

Variety a écrit:

The next big thing in Hollywood was created by a middle school teacher from Texas. To his fans, he’s Uncle Rick.

In the crowd of a Los Angeles theater, where Uncle Rick has stopped on his most recent book tour, two teenage sisters gush that they drove for nearly two hours to make it here tonight — longer, when you account for parking — but it was worth it. Like Percy Jackson, the character that made Uncle Rick famous, the older sister has ADHD, while the younger sister never liked reading. And Percy also landed in Los Angeles on his very first quest. So by the logic set out in Uncle Rick’s books, these girls were born to be heroes.

“Here’s what I think is gonna happen,” the 15-year-old whispers. “He’s gonna pull me out of the audience and say, ‘I want you in my show.’” Her sister scans the room and takes stock of all the adult fans present; they grew up on Uncle Rick’s work, too, and their excitement to see him rivals that of the pubescents they’re sandwiched between. “He’s still alive,” the 17-year-old reasons, though Rick is only 59, “and people will still pay $60 a ticket to come see him.”

Rick Riordan published “Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief ” in 2005. The book introduces 12-year-old Percy, who discovers that the monsters and demon-eyed teachers who have plagued him his whole life aren’t figments of his imagination: He’s a demigod, it turns out — the child of a human woman and the water god Poseidon — and the Greek myths he grew up learning about are real. To empower his son, Haley, Riordan positioned Percy’s ADHD and dyslexia as strengths: They came from his battle instincts and his innate ability to read ancient Greek. Five books and 18 years later, Percy is a full-fledged hero, whose story will get a definitive screen adaptation when the TV series of the same name hits Disney+ on Dec. 20.

Between then and now, Riordan managed to quit his day job as “Percy Jackson” bloomed into a full literary ecosystem. There are two sequel series narrated by other characters, “The Heroes of Olympus” and “The Trials of Apollo,” made up of five books each, plus companion books, graphic novels and, as of September, new books where Percy is the central character. That’s before getting into Riordan’s separate series based on Egyptian and Norse mythologies, or Rick Riordan Presents, his publishing imprint highlighting other authors and folklore.

It’s hard to imagine that it has taken “Percy Jackson” almost two decades to get “Harry Potter’d,” as Jon Steinberg, co-creator of the Disney+ series, puts it. Until you remember when 20th Century Fox tried to do just that.

According to screenwriter Craig Titley, Hollywood studios began “buying up any book that had three kids chasing monsters” following the massive box office success of “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” in 2001. Titley ended up writing Fox’s “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief ” at the invitation of director Chris Columbus, who had helmed the famed first “Harry Potter” film.

“The problem,” says a source close to the production at the time, “was Tom Rothman.” The Sony Pictures chief, who was then co-chairman of 20th Century Fox, “was notorious for doing movies on the cheap. So if ‘Harry Potter’ is what you’re aiming for, you’re automatically handicapping the project.”

“Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief ” headed to theaters in 2010 with something of a built-in audience — which the source says Rothman took for granted. “He felt marketing could sell a known book series, so why spend top dollar? But the special effects are bad. There’s not the edge that the books had.” And according to Titley, budgetary constraints led to major rewrites of some of the first book’s most climactic moments, upsetting fans in the process.

Rothman declined to comment, but a source who was high-ranking at Fox at the time claims that Fox never discussed replicating Harry Potter, and that it would have been unwise to give “Percy Jackson” a Harry Potter-like budget when the $95 million the studio did spend was enough to do the job.

The movie made $227 million at the box office — decent, but nowhere near the $976 million reached by “Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone” on its $125 million budget. Fox eventually greenlit a sequel, and “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Sea of Monsters” made $202 million in 2013. Some insiders felt that this dashed any potential for a major franchise. But the Fox source points out that Rothman exited the company in 2012 and priorities simply began to shift. Either way, the studio never bothered to adapt the last three books.

If you ask Uncle Rick, though, the problem was much bigger than money.

“It’s refreshing that Uncle Rick hates the PJO movies even more than we do,” a fan wrote on Twitter in 2020. Uncle Rick wrote back: “Well, to you guys, it’s a couple hours’ entertainment. To me, it’s my life’s work going through a meat grinder when I pleaded with them not to do it.”

Plead he did, as demonstrated in emails Riordan wrote to Fox in 2009. He published them on his blog in 2018 — nearly 3,000 words, not including the 12 pages of script notes he says he attached. In the emails, Riordan begs the studio to listen to him about how it could preserve the spirit of the book.

“After the movie experience, I basically wrote off Hollywood for a long, long time,” Riordan says. “I really didn’t want to have anything to do with the film industry. There were many years of me saying, ‘I don’t want to engage. I don’t want to think about other adaptations. I’m done.’ But when it started to become clear that something was going to happen with me or without me, I had a long talk with Becky, my wife. We said, ‘Well, if something’s going to happen, it’s probably best to give it one more shot.’”

That “something” was the 2019 acquisition of 20th Century Fox by the Walt Disney Co., sending the screen rights for the “Percy Jackson” books into the hands of the Mouse House. For Riordan, the deal was cause for both concern and “a glimmer of hope.”

It took “many meetings with many different executives and many different branches of the Disney conglomerate,” but eventually the Riordans got on board as executive producers of a new adaptation. Only this time, Riordan insisted that the project live on the small screen. “My feeling was always that television was the better format for ‘Percy,’ because it allows us a larger canvas to tell more of the story,” Riordan says. “And to be more faithful to the source material, which is what the fans of the books really would love to see.”

Things are different now that Uncle Rick is involved.

Sipping on a cup of coffee from craft services on the Vancouver set of “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” — it’s January, and there’s one week left until production wraps on Season 1 — Riordan says that one of the “fundamental mistakes” made in the films was that the characters were aged up. Logan Lerman was 17 when he stepped into the role of Percy Jackson, while Percy’s friends, Annabeth Chase and Grover Underwood, were played by 23-year-old Alexandra Daddario and 25-year-old Brandon T. Jackson.

“Now, having been through the production process, I totally get why they did that. It’s much easier to work with older actors,” Riordan concedes. Still, “once you have older teens, it’s a completely different dynamic. You lose so much of the wonder. The magic of being a middle grader doesn’t come across the same way. There’s a jaded teenage quality.”

Riordan’s eyes light up when he talks about finding the children who became his trio: “They’re perfect, and they’ve only become more perfect.”

Walker Scobell, who starred in “The Adam Project” alongside Ryan Reynolds, is just 14. “He’s got that snarky attitude, but he’s also very sincere,” Riordan says. “Did I care that his hair is a different color than what is described in the book? Not at all. He just felt like Percy.”

And 17-year-old Aryan Simhadri plays Grover, whose character is technically a 24-year-old half human, half goat. But satyrs age gracefully, and the books say he looks 16. “Does he look exactly like I describe him in the book? No. That doesn’t matter,” Riordan says.

And then there’s Leah Sava Jeffries, the 14-year-old playing Annabeth, daughter of Athena, the goddess of wisdom. Riordan sings her praises most thoroughly: “Leah impressed me from the moment I met her. She has that sort of steel that makes her a leader, but there’s a bit of vulnerability to her.” He adds, “Now, again, does she look like Annabeth looks in the books? No. Was that important to me? No. If anything, it was a massive benefit to broaden the cast in terms of representation.”

If Riordan sounds defensive about what his cast looks like, it’s because he’s been forced to be. Even in a mythological universe made up of bull-headed giants and three-headed dogs, fandom is a beast of its own. In 2010, fans took issue with the fact that Daddario was a brunette, unlike the blond Annabeth described in “The Lightning Thief.” So it wasn’t a total surprise that, when self-proclaimed purists learned that Scobell was blond, Simhadri was Indian American and Jeffries was Black, all hell broke loose. And not the kind overseen by Hades.

Ugly sentiments poured out from the bleakest corners of the internet when Jeffries’ casting was announced alongside Simhadri’s in the spring of 2022. Less than a week later, Riordan turned to the blog through which he’s communicated with fans since 2005 to say, “If you have a problem with this casting, take it up with me.”

In the post, he condemns assumptions that he “must have been coerced, brainwashed, bribed, threatened” into choosing a Black actor to play the role, holding firm that Jeffries and her castmates “used their auditions to expand, improve and electrify the lines they were given.” And he doesn’t hesitate to label the backlash as racist several times before explaining that racism is an evil everyone, himself included, has to unlearn.

“It’s something that we were well aware would be an issue as soon as we knew that she was the one,” Riordan says of Jeffries. Being a middle school teacher is still the core of his identity, he says, and the cast of “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” is just another class of students. More important than making television, Riordan’s priority is “to protect them, to foster their education and to do everything I can to be a mentor and, hopefully, even a friend to them.”

As Riordan points out, it helps that Jeffries is wise beyond her years. “It got to me for the quickest second — literally, like 90 seconds,” Jeffries says about the debacle. “But I know that no matter how many people are going to say bad things, it’s never going to be true.” She adds, “This sounds really weird, but I don’t blame them — those people might not know how to adapt. Me? No matter who they put in it, I would love it either way. Because it’s just a show; it’s not like I fired someone.”

Jeffries relished the opportunity to explore what it meant to be a Black Annabeth. Andrew McIlroy, who worked on set as an acting coach, printed out hundreds of images of Greek characters, inviting the actors to hold onto the pictures they resonated with. “Leah said, ‘None of these people look like me,’” McIlroy recalls. So in their next session, he brought her an image of a dark-skinned woman with long black hair and flames in her eye sockets, wearing an intricate golden crown. “She went, ‘Yeah. That’s Athena. That’s my mom.’”

From there, the kids were at liberty to have fun on set.

“There’s lots of things to do here in Vancouver. We go on hikes, and that counts as school!” Scobell says. “Sometimes instead of going back to the classroom and doing math, the camera guys teach me about the lenses and let me try on the Steadicam harness, and that counts as school too.”

For Jeffries, the highlight of the show has been its creator. “I love working with Mr. Rick. When he walks into the door, even though we’re not related, it’s like, ‘Hi, Grandpa!’” she says, as Simhadri nods vigorously. McIlroy also stands out in her memory: “He has us throw these balls at each other either super hard — I promise you we don’t hurt each other — or really soft. He would have us yell a line that’s supposed to be whispered, or one time, he had me sing really, really high notes like Mariah Carey. That way, we won’t get too used to how we’re saying it.”

Being three years older than his castmates, Simhadri wears his seniority well. When interviewed alongside Jeffries, he encourages her to speak first, and he leads with gratitude in his own answers, even if he can’t help cracking jokes. Explaining why a scene where Grover meets with other satyrs was his favorite to shoot, he says, “Everyone had prosthetics on like I did. It was cool to know that other people had to feel what I felt. Not that it was a bad feeling!”

The kids’ first time getting back together after wrapping production is four months later, for a photo shoot in Los Angeles, where they fall right back into their giggly rhythm. The boys play the “Rocky” theme over the speakers more than once — Simhadri explains that they “discovered” the movies together in Vancouver. When it’s Jeffries’ turn to take some solos, she cues songs by SZA and Rihanna. Scobell flips his middle fingers up at the camera any time his mother isn’t looking, while Simhadri roars with laughter and Jeffries rolls her eyes and grins.

It’s as regular a childhood as you can ask for when you commit to growing up on a big-budget Disney set.

“I’m superstitious,” Uncle Rick admits. “I don’t think I really allowed myself to feel that the show was going to happen until we got the greenlight” — which came in January 2022, after about 18 months of development.

Executives at Disney, however, couldn’t have been more optimistic. “The North Star in the development process was to honor the books and Rick’s vision,” says Karey Burke, president of Disney’s 20th Television. “And secondarily, to have the show live alongside the worlds created by our sister studios at Lucasfilm and Marvel. We really wanted to spare no expense to make sure that this series felt as big and imaginative.”

Sources say that the budget for “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” falls between $12 million and $15 million per episode, which would put it on par with “The Mandalorian,” the Pedro Pascal-led “Star Wars” series that premiered on Disney+ in 2019. (Disney declined to confirm these numbers.)

As with any streaming series, subscriber growth will be a major criterion determining ongoing investment in “Percy Jackson.” This is Disney’s first chance to launch a completely new franchise on its streamer, since the current most popular titles on Disney+ hail from franchises that predate the platform.

“But, honestly, the first marker is going to be the response of Rick’s core fans,” says Ayo Davis, president of Disney Branded Television. “We need to understand how it’s resonating.”

Fandom is a lucrative and predictive force in Hollywood, and that may be especially true in this scenario. “Percy Jackson” has something that “Star Wars,” the Marvel Cinematic Universe and “Harry Potter” all lack: Uncle Rick. In other words, there’s a direct and constant channel of online communication between creator and consumers; Rick uses his blog to ask fans for feedback, they post their thoughts on social media, he reads their messages and the cycle repeats. From a business perspective, that relationship is invaluable.

“This is the first time I’ve ever been in a development process where you’re talking about fans,” says Dan Shotz, who showruns and executive produces “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” with Steinberg. “We wanted to protect the things that fans didn’t get to see in the movies and wanted to experience from the books. At the same time, we need to separate it from that and say, ‘Why is this a story we want to tell?’” Answering that question required the writers to make a few changes to the story, which can be touchy.

“I think it would have been harder if Rick wasn’t the partner that he has been,” Steinberg says, “in the sense of getting comfortable with the idea that we may have to break everything to put it back together again in a way that feels right.”

For example, to further push the innate inclusivity of the “Percy Jackson” universe, which mythologizes neurodivergence and features canonically queer characters, Shotz and Steinberg wanted to explore disability. “Chiron, in the story, is in a wheelchair,” Shotz says about Glynn Turman’s character, whose chair in the books serves to conceal his horse body. “In lore, centaurs were warriors. So with our Chiron, the horse has a brace on his leg, a war injury, so that his disability isn’t just a cover. It’s something we’re going to deal with in the future of the series. We don’t even address it in the first season. Right now, it’s just a detail.”

If all goes according to plan, the writers will have plenty of options for when and where to explore Chiron’s backstory.

“We want them all,” Burke says of the 11 books and counting that Riordan has published within the “Percy Jackson” universe, beyond the original five. “In spite of the movie experience that he had before, he’s an expansive thinker about his work. He doesn’t have a rigid interpretation of it. The other series that he’s created that live in this world are all part of our universe that we can adapt.”

On the topic of considerations across other levels of Disney, like merchandising and theme park potential, Burke smiles. “I will say that there’s incredible support across the Walt Disney Co. for ‘Percy,’” she says, and notes that Disneyland is already passing out “Percy Jackson”-branded candy bags for Halloween. “But Percy Jackson World at Disney World! I want the Imagineers on that right now.”

For his part, Riordan tries to stay focused on the task at hand. “If nothing else were to happen but those five seasons, I would be delighted,” he says with a contented sigh. We’re dealing with Uncle Rick here, after all.

He laughs about the nickname. “As I get older, it starts to feel a little weird. If you want to call me that, OK, but I’m not gonna put that on my business card.” Then he continues, “But it is an honor. Someone told me yesterday that I was a father figure to a lot of kids out in the world. That’s a huge responsibility. And I’ll try not to let them down.”

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Sam 21 Oct - 21:30

Bear McCreary composera la musique de la série !

Bear McCreary a écrit:
The rumors are true! I am scoring #PercyJacksonAndTheOlympians along with my brilliant team at @SparksShadows. 🌊

We are honored to join the creative team collaborating with @RickRiordan to bring his mythical vision to vibrant life on @DisneyPlus.

#PercyJackson @PercySeries

Val' aime ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Jeu 16 Nov - 15:00

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Mar 21 Nov - 17:10

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 40212910

Sinistea

Sinistea

Autre / Ne pas divulguer

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Jeu 23 Nov - 11:20

Vraiment très hâte pour cette série :DDD

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 854Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 855
elle / ielle
Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Jeu 30 Nov - 15:35

Les titres des épisodes ont été dévoilés :

Episode 1 – "I Accidentally Vaporize My Pre-Algebra Teacher"
Episode 2 – "I Become Supreme Lord of the Bathroom"
Episode 3 – "We Visit the Garden Gnome Emporium"
Episode 4 – "I Plunge to My Death"
Episode 5 – "A God Buys Us Cheeseburgers"
Episode 6 – "We Take a Zebra to Vegas"
Episode 7 – "We Find Out the Truth, Sort Of"
Episode 8 – "The Prophecy Comes True"

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Ven 1 Déc - 18:00

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 40539810

Brozen aime ce message

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Mar 5 Déc - 14:10

Nouvelle affiches pour chaque personnage principal !

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 40580010

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 40740410

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Snapin10

Flounder69
Modérateur
Flounder69

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 Horlog11Dim 10 Déc - 18:40

3 nouvelles affiches :

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 40929710

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 40922310

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023] - Page 2 40922910

Percy Jackson et les Olympiens [20th Television/Disney - 2023]
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 2 sur 4Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant